- Andre is back to blogging. He introduces us to some down-home cooking in AZ in preparation for Spring Training.
- I would like to echo Jon's Thoughts.
If the McCourts want to make a real statement about what's appropriate in the economy, a statement that their fans will relate to and appreciate, then build some fields and cut ticket, food, concession and parking prices. If they want fans to tighten the belt of their expectations, then they need to tighten the belt of their revenue.
- Rest In Peace, Tanta. For those of you who read business/finance blogs, then you must have run into Tanta. Doris "Tanta" Dungey was a guiding light in the confusion that was the "mortgage meltdown." No one could explain this mess better than her. Her writings and insight will be sorely missed as we trudge along into the wilderness. My condolences to her family and friends.
- To be young and a star. The Nennth Inning has some photos of Giant phenom Tim Lincecum. Here's a weird pic of Lincecum. He's on the left.
- Since we are in the midst of the hockey season I thought I would pass along a recent news story about one of my favorite players- Marcel Dionne. (Hat Tip: Inside the Kings:)
- George Brett is absolutely hilarious. He is caught below telling a story about an unfortunate incident with food poisoning in Las Vegas. Warning: language is a bit adult.
(Hat Tip: 30-year Old Cardboard)