Hyuim-Jin Ryu and Shin-Soo Choo shake hands during a press conference yesterday. Today the Korean superstars will face off against each other for the first time. Pic via @Dodgers twitter.
- Kenley Jansen is now on twitter. Follow him at @kenleyjansen74.
- "Sarah's Take: Kemp needs to get it together," via Sarah D. Morris at MLB.com.
- Check out Jon SooHoo's great photos from Vin Scully's bobblehead Night.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Investment in farm system paying off for Dodgers".
One year later, the farm system is stirring with signs of life. The Yasiel Puig phenomenon is the quick payoff for what promises to be a reopening of a foreign pipeline of talent the Dodgers originally discovered, then abandoned.
More subtle, but no less important, is a sea-change in Draft approach from high-risk, high-reward high schoolers to more projectable college talent that should allow the Dodgers to more quickly fill more holes from within, which had become a frustration in recent years.
- Yesterday, a Dodger Redditor (kittysparkles) had a couple of Red's players come into his work; including the previous nights winning pitcher Matt Latos. There are some pics and a funny story about kicking his butt on Call of Duty.
- Via ESPN, listen to Carl Crawford on 'Max & Marcellus Show'
- Dustin Nosler at ChadMoriyama.com shares a recent interview with Dodgers' scouting guru Logan White.
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Clayton Kershaw going deeper into games: It has been 24 years since a Dodgers starting pitcher has lasted as deep into games as Clayton Kershaw in 2013".
- "Frank Jobe's Hall of Fame life: The originator of Tommy John surgery has just about done it all," via Doug Miller at MLB.com.
- Via Dylan Hernandez of the LA Times, "Dodgers' Zack Greinke disappointed in former teammate Ryan Braun".
"The main thing is, yeah, he lied to us," Greinke said. "He forced us to lie for him, threw people under the bus in order to help himself out and didn't care, blamed others for his mistakes and it’s just a lot of things you don’t expect from people."
- Bob Lemke writes about the 1951 suicide of former Dodger Hugh Casey.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *