Above is a great photo shared by Dodgers photographer Jon SooHoo/Los Angeles Dodgers of Roy Campanella earlier this morning on his photoblog. Check it out here. Roy would have been 91 yesterday.
- The Dodgers just released the Dodgers 2013 Spring Training schedule. Go here to check it out.
- BTW, "Pitchers and Catchers" officially report on February12th, and the first full-squad workout is on February 16th.
- Evan at I Bleed Dodgers Blue 2 notes that both Jerry Sands and Alex Castellanos have been named onto Topps 2012 AAA All-Star team.
- The Dodgers signed former Met Nick Evans to a minor league contract, via Andy Martino of the NY Daily News. He plays 1st base and 3rd base, and has an invitation to the Dodgers Major League camp this spring. (Hat Tip: MLB Trade Rumors)
Evans, 26, left the Mets to sign with Pittsburgh last year, but played in just 21 minor league games after suffering a broken hand. Evans is expected to be fully healed in time for spring training.
- Kyuji Fujikawa has 10 offers, via MLB Trade Rumors. While Eno Sarris at RotoGraphs analyzes his potential.
- Chad Moriyama takes a quick look at Dodger prospects playing this winter.
- Mark Langill, the Dodgers official historian, shares an interesting fact about the PCL being a possible third Major League in the early 50's.
- Black Friday is more than just for "big box" retail stores. They are also for sports card shops, as well. Panini is running a card shop Black Friday promotion at numerous hobby stores around the country that includes free packs of limited edition cards. Go here for more information; including a list of participating stores. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any Dodger players in the set, but there is an LA King- Jonathan Quick.
- Sports Collectors Daily notes that Oakley Stores are also running a Black Friday promotion that includes a free autographed item with the purchase of over $250. Athlete autographs include many Baseball players.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *