The above photo was posted up by the @Dodgers on twitter in commemoration of the day they announced that the Dodgers coming to LA- yesterday was the anniversary If I'm not mistaken, I believe the photo is from in front of an old Los Angeles Baseball stadium called Wrigley Field- former home of the Hollywood Stars and Los Angeles Angels of the PCL.
- Paul Swydan at FanGraphs isn't a big fan of Luis Cruz.
Instead of drawing walks, Cruz made his hay by making contact — only 30 players had a K% less than that of Cruz’s 11.5 K%. But can Cruz maintain such a low strikeout rate? Anecdotal evidence would suggest not.
- The Dodgers are trying to temper expectations for Yasiel Puig, via Steve Dilbeck at the LA Times.
Truth be told, however, he played well for the Quakes in Rancho, but his numbers were more of the very-good type, as opposed to the you’ve-got-to-be-kidding-me variety.In 52 at-bats with the Quakes, he hit .327 with one home run and four RBI. He had a .407 on-base percentage and a middling .423 slugging percentage. He did not eat the Cal League.Puig is understandably green, though he will turn 22 in December. The Dodgers remain sky-rocket high on his potential. Of course, they are sort of invested.“Plus-plus tools,” Colletti said. “Power and speed. He’s going to need some work around the game, inside the game.”
- Brandon Lennox at True Blue LA puts together a 2012 Arizona Fall League Preview.
- Kimberly Hiss at Oprah.com speaks with Dodgers Trainer Sue Falsone about how to exercise without getting hurt.
"The other day I was working with center fielder Matt Kemp, and people were yelling for him when I heard my name, too," she says. "There was a 12-year-old girl who said, 'I wanna do what you do.' How cool is that?"
- Matt Kemp speaks with Bill Simmons at Grantland- video included.
- Check out some great photos from the Orioles/Yankees series from L. E. Miller. The first photo is of the greatest hat I've ever seen.
- Awesome stuff! Former Dodger Talk host Ken Levine writes about The Cheers 30th reunion party, here. He adds more photos here.
- Good Guy, Chad Billingsley.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *