Check out actor John C. McGinley with Vin Scully in the press box from the 2013 season. Pic via McGinley's twitter.
- Peter Gammons at Gammons Daily notes that Kemp had his boot removed and is starting to run.
Kemp said, “the ankle is not going to be a problem.”
- Via Chad Moriyama, "Hyun Jin Ryu sings “Smile Again” song, debuts struggle face".
- Via Doug Thorburn at Baseball Prospectus, "Raising Aces - Bush League: Julio Urias".
Urias' season was a resounding success, from the stingy run prevention to the eye-popping strikeout rate. Every one of his home starts is viewable via MiLB.tv, affording a tremendous opportunity to witness the legend of Uri's gold. I sofa-scouted a number of his outings, going from his professional debut to his final pitch of the year, and the wunderkind left quite an impression.
- Via Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA, "Josh Beckett could play big role in Dodgers success in 2014".
- Via Stuart Wallace at Beyond the Box Score, "First and Worst: Changeups of 2013". As you would expect Hyun-Jin Ryu is on the list for having one of the league's best changups.
- The Dodgers rule the MLB Social Media World! Via a Dodgers press release:
While the Los Angeles Dodgers were winning the National League Western Division championship and leading the Major Leagues in attendance last season, the team's popularity also reached record numbers in the world of social media.
Dodger Stadium was the most visited Major League park as the Dodgers led the majors with a season total of 3,743,527 fans. Dodger Stadium was the most checked-in sports venue in the United States and ranked fourth on the list of most checked-in locations in the United States in 2013, according to Facebook.
In addition, Dodger Stadium ranked eighth worldwide as the most Instagrammed location of 2013.
The Dodgers led Major League Baseball in total growth throughout the 2013 season on Facebook, Tumblr and Instagram. The club's total growth of 193,483 on Twitter was good for third in Major League Baseball.
"Our 2013 marketing campaign was 'A Whole New Blue' and it truly is," said Dodgers Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer Lon Rosen. "Our fans are back at Dodger Stadium and that extends across all social and digital platforms. We anticipate these numbers will continue to grow in 2014, thanks in part to the improved connectivity at Dodger Stadium."
Based on social interactions per post, the Dodgers ranked first in the Major Leagues in engagement per fan on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Tumblr during the 2013 season.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *