Via MLB Trade Rumors we find out that the Red Sox have placed 1st baseman Adrian Gonzalez on Trade Waivers. They note:
At one point this summer, the Dodgers inquired on the slugger, though its not clear how receptive the Red Sox were to the interest. Ned Colletti & Co. reportedly offered pieces that could help Boston in the future, though the Dodgers' farm system isn't tremendously deep.So, do you think the Dodgers make a claim for him? If they do, will a deal even get done? Remember, we claimed Cliff Lee earlier this month and that was all for naught.
Nevertheless, if the Dodgers do make a claim the Red Sox can:
- Remove him from the wire and keep him,
- Let the Dodgers take him for no additional compensation to them (thereby allowing the Dodgers to take over the remaining portion of his contract), or
- Make a deal with the Dodgers, via a trade.
Would they take Uribe? I joke, of course. They wouldn't want him.
I would hope Loney could go over, but he wouldn't be a centerpiece- more like a throw in. Would you let our top pitching prospect Zach Lee go? How about two of our top pitching prospects- Allen Webster and Lee? What if they demanded Joc Pederson, as well? I think Jerry Sands would look good against the Green Monster. How much would you be willing to give up?
Here are Adrian's stats, via Baseball Reference:
Here are his contract details: click pic to embiggen
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *