- Cardboard Junkie discovers the 1988 Dinosaurs Attack! Topps Set.
- I've added a whole new section of Dodger bloggers called "Video Bloggers." I only know of a couple of folks who regularly post Dodger relating videos on the internet. Say hello to TroyfromWestVirginia and Deezulboy. If you know of anyone else please let me know.
- Dodgers Locker has been added to the Dodger blogroll.
- Topps Company secured the rights to exclusively produce cards from the estates of 16 Hall of Famers. They include Jackie Robinson, Walter Johnson, Ty Cobb, Tris Speaker, Thurman Munson, Roy Campanella, Rogers Hornsby, Lou Gehrig, Cy Young, Mel Ott, Johnny Mize, Jimmie Foxx, Honus Wagner, Pee Wee Reese, George Sisler and Christy Mathewson.
- Frank Thomas was released today by the Blue Jays. Wow! The stars from my youth have become unemployed veterans. Anyone know what Piazza is doing? On the other hand, could they be looking at Barry Bonds as a replacement?
- The Padres serve low octane beer and now they have a Rally Ram.
- Did the Cubs throw the 1918 World Series?
Now, it cannot be said for certain that gamblers got to the '18 Cubs. But Eddie Cicotte, pitcher and one of the eight White Sox outcasts from the '19 World Series, did say in a newly found affidavit he gave to the 1920 Cook County grand jury that the Cubs influenced the Black Sox. Cicotte said the notion of throwing a World Series first came up when the White Sox were on a train to New York. The team was discussing the previous year's World Series, which had been fixed, according to players. Some members of the Sox tried to figure how many players it would take to throw a Series. From that conversation, Cicotte said, a scandal was born.Forget the Billy Goat, how about the thrown series? Hat Tip: Baseball Musings.
- Hockey Fights Cancer has an auction running til the end of the month to commemorate the 10 year anniversary of the charity. If your a hockey fan click here to bid. Hat Tip: SCD:
- Here is another auction to watch. The Yankee Curse jersey is available on eBay right now. It is up to $69,000.00.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Quote of the Day on Saturday. "I look great, don't I?" By Nomar Garciaparra.