12 of the @Dodgers favorite celebrities to visit Dodger Stadium in 2012 are featured in the pic above, tweeted by @Dodgers. Can you name them all?
- Mike Newman at FanGraphs notes that the Dodgers have a pair of power left-handed pitchers.
In 2012, four left-handed pitchers touched 93-plus on my radar gun. In Onelki Garcia and Chris Reed, Dodgers prospects accounted for half the list. This is nothing new. Two minor league baseball seasons living in the Atlanta area has yielded many hard-throwing Dodgers prospects. What’s new is every top prospect I’ve seen from the Dodgers has been right-handed before this.
- Ken Gurnick at MLB.com writes a great story about the Dodgers newest bullpen coach Chuck Crim.
"I compare it to the same feeling I had when I was called up," said Crim, who pitched for the Brewers, Angels and Cubs. "You see how hard coaches work to get through the Minor League system. I feel blessed. I love what I do. It's a dream come true to accomplish this."
- An old friend report: Takashi Saito is said to have signed with the Rakuten Golden Eagles in Japan, via MLB Trade Rumors.
- Greg Zakwin at Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle recently got a couple of Corey Seager autographed card. Congrats! I hope to add one, as well.
- Night Owl Cards completes his list of the best Dodger cards ever made with #10 through #1. This has been a great list. I especially love his choices for the Top-10 cards of all time.
- Steve Dilbeck at the LA TIMES lets us know that the Dodgers are exploring a fan rewards program for using social media sites.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *