What an amazing evening!
But, don't just ask me. Check out some links below featuring some photos that others have shared, and commentary about Saturday nights Stadium Series hockey game at Dodger Stadium.
- Jon Rosen at the LA Kings Insider (the Kings official blog) has a whole bunch of great photos from the game. Go here.
- The Dodgers photographer, Jon SooHoo, shares his pics, here.
- Kings centerman Anze Kopitar shares some pics from the Dodger Stadium game here.
- Redditor Shadax has an album filled with pics from the game on imgur.
- Redditor WoozleWuzzle has some awesome panoramic photos up on imgur, as well.
- Gann Matsuda at Frozen Royalty has a bunch of photos up.
- Panini America has a handful of pics up at their blog.
- Dodgers Penguin shared some of his pics here.
- Crowned Royal has up a handful of photos.
- Jen Neale at Puck Daddy roamed around Dodger Stadium for some jersey fouls.
- Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA shared a bunch of his pics, here.
- Here are my pics from the game.
- A redditor named OutofStep13 shared a photo of Ned Colletti at the game. See it below.
- Apparently, the @Dodgers twitter account ruffled some feathers on Saturday, via Mark Townsend at Big League Stew.
- Jason Drantch at Feelin' Kinda Blue writes, "NHL Stadium Series at Dodger Stadium a Rock 'n Rollin' success".
From the moment, my dad, my uncle and I stepped out of the car, we could tell that this game was going to be like nothing we had ever experienced before. Orange and black jerseys were everywhere, the Anaheim Ducks and Los Angeles Kings rivalry in the air, with little to no Dodger Blue to be found.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Fans pack into Dodger Stadium for outdoor ice hockey".
"But it's nice to come to the park," the Dodgers general manager (Ned Colletti) and passionate hockey fan said, "and not care who wins."
- Jimmy Bramlett at the LAist has written his last post for that online journal, and it's all about the Stadium Series game, "Well that was something". Check it out here. My best wishes to you, sir. I've enjoyed reading your stuff.
- Phil Hecken at UniWatch writes, "Boys of Winter". It's his review of the Stadium Series game at Dodger Stadium. Overall, he was very impressed with it.
- Via Gann Matsuda at Frozen Royalty, "NHL Hits Grand Slam Home Run At Los Angeles’ Dodger Stadium".
All one had to do to understand this was to sit down in breathtaking, iconic Dodger Stadium, look slowly around at the packed house, and realize that over 54,000 people had come to see an outdoor NHL game in Los Angeles—many wearing T-shirts and shorts—even though, as reported earlier, tickets were drastically overpriced, not to mention tacking on exorbitant parking fees as high as $50.00.
- Via Jill Painter at the LA Daily News, "Hockey a huge hit at Dodger Stadium".
- Eric Duhatschek at the Globe and Mail writes, "Ice conditions and atmosphere the big winners as Ducks down Kings outdoors".
- nickc79 at Jewels from the Crown writes provides, "Grades and Anaylsis" of the game.
- Greg Wyshynski at Puck Daddy, "Ducks dominate at Dodger Stadium, shut out Kings in NHL outdoor game".
A Kings fan just put up a video on youtube of his game experience.
Stadium Bound has a video up of him leaving the stadium, via the right field section. He shows some of the renovation work being done there.
Below is a video of the pregame ceremony with Vin Scully and Bob Miller.
Watch the Wayne Gretzky Puck Drop, below.
Since this is a Dodger blog watch Tommy Lasorda and Brian Wilson pontificate about the event. Tommy shows up at about the 0:46 second mark, and Wilson shows up at about the 1:05 mark.
Here is Jordan Sparks with the Natinal Anthem.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *