Not only is the photo above, via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2015 from yesterday's game, phenomenal but the pitcher on the mound last night was just as good. Zack Greinke went eight strong innings, and if not for the exploits of the games best hitter, Mike Trout, he might have gone all the way. Damn that Trout. He's a tough out against even nasty pitches. Via Mark Saxon at ESPN:
Greinke threw a tight 2-and-2 slider to Trout that broke sharply just as it crossed the plate and dove away from Trout, who somehow hit it off his shoe tops for a line drive into left-center field.Trout ended up with a run scoring triple and single against Grinke before hitting his 32nd home run of the season against Kenley Jansen in the 9th inning.
“So, that was pretty impressive,” Greinke said later.
Below are some links to check out:
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPN, "Alex Wood happy to be in L.A. after topsy-turvy deadline."
“I heard the speculation that there were things going on. One way or other, we ended up getting solid word that probably wouldn’t be the case,” Wood said. “I was excited. I told my agent if I ever reached free agency, this is the one place I’d want to play. It’s funny how things work out.”
- Via Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider, "Farhan Zaidi offers insight into dealmaking process."
“There’s a tradeoff between talent and taking on money when you can. In our situation, with our directive to build up our farm system, to the point where we can operate at a level of sustainability … there are times when it makes sense to substitute cash for players.”
- Well, that was fast. Michael Morse, who we got from the Marlins the other day, has been traded to the Pirates for Jose Tabata. Tabata was promptly sent to AAA. Dustin Nosler at Dodgers Digest writes a bit about it here: "Dodgers make minor move as trade deadline passes."
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Brewers claim Preston Guilmet off waivers from Dodgers."
- Blue Skinny Fan got Scott Van Slyke's signature at Fod4Less recently and has photos to prove it, here.
- Jason Bateman is a great Dodger fan. He recently appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live and spoke a bit about his love for the team and how he once pissed off the DBack's mascot. (Hat Tip: r/DontDoDrugsDingus on reddit)
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *