"It's Kersh-Awesome Baby!" Check out Dick Vitale with Clayton Kershaw, pic via @Dodgers on twitter.
- Stephen Fife is expected to pitch today, in place of ailing Chris Capuano. Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com.
It will be the second consecutive game in which the Dodgers need to promote a Minor Leaguer as an emergency replacement for an injured starting pitcher. On Sunday, Matt Magill took the loss, filling in for Hyun-Jin Ryu, who has a sore foot.
- Congrats, Elian Herrera. Via a tweet from the Isotopes GM John Traub.
- Via Josie Becker at True Blue LA, "Walter O'Malley's 1957 minor league purchase: A pictorial essay".
- Jon Weisman at Dodger Thoughts puts together another must read, entitled "Saviors".
Seven years ago, Kemp was Puig – the raw kid with talent to burn and lessons to learn. Puig, like Kemp did when he hit the majors at age 21 in 2006, has a hugely bright future. But anyone putting their faith in Puig will almost certainly at some point need a level of patience that many fans have denied Kemp whenever he has struggled, no matter how much he has done for his team.
- Via Jeff Passan at Yahoo Sports, "10 Degrees: Will Carlos Quentin get comeuppance sooner than later against the Dodgers?" Stoking those fires, eh?
"We will get him," he said. "It may not be next time we see him. It may not be the time after that. It may not be two times after that. But we will get him. I promise."
Baseball has a very long memory. One former player loves to tell the story about holding a grudge for a decade, letting it fester, exacting his vengeance with a strategic elbow to the groin on a takeout slide and walking away from the doubled-over second baseman saying, "That was for 10 years ago."
- Via Josh Vitale at MLB.com, A 111-year old fan visits Yankee Stadium and chats about Baseball. This man remembers shaking Babe Ruth's hand.
"I shook his hand and he said, 'My greatest admirer, my youngest admirer,'" LaPallo said. "I remember that like yesterday."
- Here's a funny video. During a Collegiate NCAA Baseball tournament game in Fullerton this weekend a big husky invaded the field for his 15 minutes of fame. Check it out here at Beer Mug Sports. Oh... And, Go Titans!!! CSU, Fullerton won that game, 1 to 0.
- Wow. Via Tony Mangia at The Other Paper we find out that Pete Rose pulls $1Mil a year signing his autograph in Las Vegas.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *