The sixth edition of the Dodgers Playbill features Eric Karros. Check it out above.
- Adding insult to injury, via @CSNBaggs on twitter.
- Then to make matters even worse, our one real power bat went down with a strained left oblique muscle injury, via Steve Dilbeck at the LA Times.
- Eye on LA Sports puts together a great, albeit belated roundup of the Dodgers/ Angels freeway series in Los Angeles a couple of weeks ago. He shares his adventure at getting Magic's autograph at the game.
- The July edition of Dodgers Magazine (at right) features a cover photo of Andre Ethier at the top of Dodger Stadium. Inside is a feature on Ethier, who has befriended fellow Arizona State baseball player Cory Hahn, the young man who was paralyzed from the chest down on a stolen base attempt in just his second game for the Sun Devils.
- I'm not happy to find this out. Via Jon Weisman at Dodger Thoughts.
It’s the first time one team has thrown three consecutive shutouts against the Dodgers since 1937.
- With today being Eric Karros bobblehead night at Dodger Stadium, team historian Mark Langill writes a little bit about how he came to be a Dodger.
Early in 1986, Dodger area scout Bob Bishop drove to the campus of UCLA to watch the Bruins begin their baseball season with an intrasquad game. Bishop noticed a freshman third baseman, a “walk-on” player without an athletic scholarship.
- Several weeks back I had mentioned that there is a Dodgers browser theme available for fans to download. Check them out here. Well, if you did that or plan to then you can enter a MLB contest to win an All-Star jersey. A sweepstakes button is on the browser or go here for more details.
- The LA Times has put together a commemorative book detailing the LA Kings Stanley Cup Championship run. Check it out here. It's 128 pages of wonderful.
- The Star Wars That I Used To Know.
(Hat Tip: Alyssa Milano on twitter)