- Sons of Steve Garvey tells us of the Mother's Day surprise at Dodger Stadium. Dodger ballplayers surprised early attendants at the gate.
(Pic link: Twitter @Dodgers)
- Here is feature on Guggenheim Partners CEO Mark Walter from Mike Hlas at Gazette.com.
- CJ Hoppin at the New York Times writes about "A Dodgers Fan in Yankees Pinstripes in Postwar Japan."
I had served happily as a bat boy for visiting college baseball teams from Ohio State and Southern California. Although I was born in the Bronx, my first Grant Heights Little League team had been the Dodgers, and I was a big Jackie Robinson fan. So I thought wearing the Yankees uniform was blasphemous.
- Panini provides a sneak peak of their upcoming 2012 Cooperstown Baseball card set. Check out the Jackie Robinson card below. This set will be coming out in late July.
- Keith Olbermann informs us that Orel Hershiser is a huge card and memorabilia collector who has consigned several items from his collection to Grey Flannel Auctions (I'll be sure to post up these items shortly), but recently had some sellers remorse and took one item back. He was going to sell his scoreless streak Baseball. As someone who sells parts of my collection from time to time, I can certainly relate.
- Matt Kemp is to have an MRI done today, via Steve Dilbeck at the LA Times.
- If you don't already know, the Kings took Game 1 in the Western Conference Finals against the Phoenix Coyotes. Watch the game highlights below.