Woo Hoo! It is Opening Day! The first homestand of the 2017 regular season starts on Monday against the San Diego Padres. Below are some odds and ends for this upcoming homestand. I have detailed information for Opening Day, but information for the remaining games in this homestand remain scarce. I will update this post when more detail becomes available.
Below is the Dodgers official Opening Day roster:
Starting Pitchers (5): Clayton Kershaw (L), Kenta Maeda, Rich Hill (L), Brandon McCarthy & Hyun-Jin Ryu (L)Pedro Báez, Andre Ethier, Yimi García, Scott Kazmir, Josh Ravin and Brock Stewart begin the year on the DL.
Relief Pitchers (12): Luis Avilán (L), Grant Dayton (L), Chris Hatcher, Kenley Jansen, Sergio Romo, Ross Stripling, Alex Wood (L)
Catchers (2): Austin Barnes, Yasmani Grandal
Infielders (5): Logan Forsythe, Adrián González (L), Corey Seager (L), Justin Turner, Chase Utley (L),
Outfielders (4): Franklin Gutierrez, Joc Pederson (L), Yasiel Puig, Andrew Toles (L)
Infielder/Outfielder (2): Kiké Hernández, Scott Van Slyke
This season the Dodgers have added several new concession and food stands within the stadium.
- Bud & Burgers Stand -- located down the third base line it will feature the Dodger Burger (1/3 lbs of Angus beef topped with a Dodger Dog, caramelized onions, Budweiser BBQ sauce and beer battered jalapeno's)
- King’s Hawaiian Grill Stand -- In the Left Field Plaza it will have a pulled pork Dodger Dog, pulled pork sliders, lava wings, smoked pork nachos and more.
- Think Blue BBQ Stand -- added to the Reserve Level in right field, adjacent to the kid’s area.
- BaseBowls -- featuring Poke bowls, Teriyaki Chicken bowl, Kalua Pork bowl and the Vietnamese Rice Noodle bowl. – Field Level – 3rd base side – Aisle 45
- Trolley Dodger Treats -- funnel cakes topped with powdered sugar, chocolate drizzle and whipped cream; glazed churro; a cinnamon sugar churro served with blue ice cream, deep fried Oreos and Twinkies. – Field Level – 1st base side – Aisle 46
- Shock Top Bratwurst -- spicy pork bratwurst link infused with Shock Top beer served on a warm bun with caramelized onions and spicy brown mustard. – Field / Loge and Reserve Levels in the Extreme Loaded Dog Stands – Field Aisle 48 / Loge Aisle 135 / Reserve Aisle 2
- Healthy Items -- Mediterranean Quinoa salad and Strawberry & Beets Salad. Fresh Sandwiches such as Turkey Club, Albacore Tuna Salad and Grilled Vegetable Flatbread. – United Healthcare Market Place Locations on Field Aisle 5/ Loge Aisle 137 and Reserve Level Aisle 5
RHP Jhoulys Chacin vs. LHP Clayton Kershaw
SNLA & ESPN (out-of-market only) / AM 570 (Eng.), KTNQ 1020 AM (Span.)