I've just discovered that Hulu has some great vintage films. Below is a 1974 television drama about Roy Campanella adjusting to life with a wheelchair after his 1959 car accident.
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Here is fun press photo found on eBay of Ron Fairly and Al Ferrara.
"Ron Fairly, the hitting hero of the Dodger victory over the St. Louis Cardinals, 9/26, is given a Mexican-Style bear hug by teammate Al Ferrara in the dressing room after the game. Fairly's homer helped the Dodgers reduce their "Magic Number" to 3 with the 2-0 win."The Dodgers would eventually win the National League, but lose to Baltimore in the World Series.
All Dodgers, All of the time.
- You must read Chris and Alex Volk's story, of Dodgerfan.net fame, about official Dodger photographer Jon SooHoo, here and here.
- LA Dodger Talk tours Minor League camp at Camelback Ranch, Part 1. Part 2.
- Sunshine, who is an ardent Dodger fan, writes all about her visit to Padres Fan Fest.
- I totally endorse this post and photo from The Left Field Pavilion.
- This makes me want to puke. (Hat Tip: It's Time for Dodger BaseBlog)
- Here is a great write up about Sandy Koufax's evening at the Nokia Theater with Joe Torre from Behind Blue Eyes.
- Dodger Sims simulates the entire 2010 season and concludes that the Dodger will win the division. Hooray! Playoffs here we come!
- Alyssa Milano unveils her 2010 Spring collection and, I think, I just fell in love with her again. Ooh-La-La!
- Brian Akin, a Dodger farmhand and writer of the Dear (Tommy) John Letters blog, has been released. Good luck on your future. I hope you catch on with another team and continue writing your blog.
- GCRL gets a Chan Ho Park auto through the mail.