Check out Matt Kemp in the pic above working hard during the off-season to get ready for 2013, pic via twitter @FoxSportsWest.
- Carl Crawford will be on Dodger Talk this coming Wednesday with Jorge Jarrin. If you have a question for him go here to submit it.
- Dodgers are about to renovate the team clubhouse, not not before several veterans say goodbye, via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com.
"This was basically our home for a decade," said Cey, adding to the nostalgia by wearing a jacket with Dodgers script across the front and marking the record-breaking infield on the back. "There was plenty of celebration in this clubhouse."
- Mike Petriello writes a story for RotoGraphs about the battle between Brandon League and Kenley Jansen for bullpen dominance.
- It appears that Mark McGwire will be the Dodgers new hitting coach, via Joe Strauss at the St. Louis Dispatch. (Hat Tip: Great fin by Orel at the Sons of Steve Garvey)
Mark McGwire, who has served as Cardinals hitting coach for three seasons under two managers, has informed the club that he intends to accept a similar position with the Los Angeles Dodgers, sources familiar with the situation told the Post-Dispatch this afternoon.
Though a deal between the Dodgers and McGwire is not considered final, McGwire has told the Cardinals that he does not anticipate accepting their offer of a contract extension.
The club last week tendered offers to all coaches except bullpen coach Dyar Miller. The staff's contracts exprired Oct. 31.
McGwire is leaning toward accepting the position with Dodgers manager Don Mattingly's staff because of geography. McGwire and his family live in Orange County and McGwire has long emphasized the role his wife and children play in career decisions.
My Kings season ticket buddy's former boss lives near McGwire's family, and was fortunate to have McGwire provide some neighborly coaching help to his college age son. From my understanding, Mark McGwire knows what he's doing.
- RIP, Ernie Hays. He had been the longtime organist for the St. Louis Cardinals (40 years), via Joe Holleman of the St. Louis Post Dispatch.
- Good Guy Bean, via LAist.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *