Here is Buzz Aldrin and Vin Scully on Memorial Day at Dodger Stadium, pic via @Dodgers twitter. See more pics from the day over at Jon SooHoo's Photog Blog, here.
- If you don't already know, Dee Gordon has been sent back down to AAA, as Jerry Hairston Jr comes back to the team off the DL, via a Dodgers Press Release.
- Dustin Nosler at Feelin' Kinda Blue provides at update on the surprising promotion of 16-year-old Dodgers prospect Julio Urias. The Midwest League Traveler also writes about Arias' debut.
- Eric Stephen at True Blue LA let's us know that Josh Beckett has been shut down and will have an MRI.
"The groin has been good, but the arm has been bad," said manager Don Mattingly before Monday night's game against the Angels. "He's still feeling numbness and tenderness in his fingers."
- Jon Weisman at Dodger Thoughts writes, "Dodgers on historic pace of futility with bases loaded."
- Peter Gammons writes about the struggles of Matt Kemp.
Kemp hasn’t whined or complained, but Mattingly told Kevin Baxter of the Los Angeles Times “He’s frustrated. The biggest thing we want to do with Matt is to try to keep the bat in the strike zone longer…when he’s going good he’s driving the ball to center, to right-center…I notice he’s cutting his swing off…if he’s top-spinning in left and left-center field, it tells me he’s getting extension to a certain point and he’s coming off just a little bit.”
- Jill Painter of the LA Daily News captures a quote from Adrian Gonzalez about Matt Kemp on twitter.
- William Regenthal at Foul Bunt remembers Negro Leaguer John 'Mule' Miles. He passed away this weekend. RIP John Miles. Nick Diunte at Examiner.com writes a about his life.
- Sports Collectors Daily lets us know that Arizona Diamondbacks owner Ken Kendrick spoke with FoxSports Arizona about the Gretzky T206 Honus Wagner card he owns. There's a great interview included.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *