Above is a preview photo of an uncut sheet of 2013 Topps Heritage cards. This set officially goes live this coming Wednesday. Do you see AJ Ellis' card in the photo above?
- Mark Saxon at ESPN writes a fun piece on 'Nick Punto, the Pride of Florence.'
Actually, Punto knows only a few words and phrases, which he picked up from his paternal grandmother, born in the Tuscan capital of Florence. His grandfather was born in Sicily. That heritage is Punto’s link to Team Italy, which he’ll be part of for the second time in the upcoming World Baseball Classic. Punto wishes he knew more about his Italian roots.“It’s kind of sad. I should know more and I will,” he said. “I’ve just got to let the kids get a little older before we go over there and see some family.”
- Clayton Richer at Baseball Hot Corner wonders if the Dodgers just should have traded Andre Ethier.
- Chris Cotillo at CLNS Radio.com writes of Stan Kasten's presentation at MIT earlier today.
On if trades are possible because of the pitching surplus:
“Maybe, but it depends on health. There’s a month to go before spring training is done, and if everyone’s healthy, I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a trade made. Like I said, there’s still a month to go, so it’s hard to predict.”
- Mike Axisa at CBS Sports catches Fox's screw up on the stats graphic for Hyun-Jin Ryu during their Dodger game telecast.Then, Ryu responds on twitter.
- Via Fox News, a they interview Daniel Jacobs the disabled Iraq War veteran who recently went to the Dodgers open tryout.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *