- I just came across a blog called Free Andy LaRoche. It's a Dodger-centric card blog. He shares Manny's 2008 Stadium Club card that shows some obvious signs of photoshopping. Check it out here.
- Are you in the market to purchase the most sought after Baseball card of all time? If you have $2.5Mil this Wagner T206 can be yours from eBay.
- Padres for sale.
- Is trouble brewing at the Negro League Museum in Kansas City?
A couple of weeks ago, the museum board decided by one vote to name a board member, Greg Baker, as the new executive director ... Baker won by one vote over longtime marketing director Bob Kendrick. I have nothing whatsoever against Greg Baker — I don’t even know the man — but I believe this is a grave injustice, and I believe it’s a slap at Buck O’Neil, it’s a slap at what the Museum has always stood for, it’s a slap at loyalty and fair play, and finally I believe it’s a slap at all of us who who in our own small way have dedicated parts of our lives and money to making the Museum unique and triumphant.
- Speaking of museums, all Dodger fans need to check out the Sports Museum of Los Angeles. The Dodger memorabilia is incredible. I visited the museum the day it opened, but, unfortunately, they would not allow photographs. You'll just have to go and see it for yourself.
- Is love of sports genetically ingrained in the modern man?
“While I don’t want to excuse men from feeling this way, part of this is in their evolutionary programming.Hat Tip: Lion in Oil:
“Throughout history men have fought in groups and football is just a modern-day version of that. It’s part of their survival programming and it’s in the genes.”
- Check out some pics of the new Yankees Stadium, including the gigantic team clubhouse. Wow! Hat Tip:Baseball Musings:
- This can't be real. Burger King has a scented body spray available for the holidays that smells like the sweet aroma of a freshly broiled Whooper. It's called FLAME and you can check it out at their website here and purchase it online here for $3.99. Hat Tip: Wonkette:
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Check out the other collector blogs for their responses to the 2nd edition of the Blog Bat Around here.