Philly is quite a place. They have some of the most notorious fans, but as with anything can often surprise. From the chants of "USA, USA, USA" at the Phillies game last night to this evenings hockey opening, I guess I'll have to rethink my hate at their fanbase.
Hat Tip: Kuklas Korner:
Monday, May 02, 2011
What a great month May is turning into. In celebration Tommy has just announced that our military can watch games for free in the month of May. Go here to find out more.
MAY TICKET OFFER
All members of the joint services with a valid military ID, including active, reserve and retired veterans as well as their dependents, can show their military ID at any Dodger Stadium ticket booth day of game to receive two complimentary tickets courtesy of the Dodgers.Again, go here to find out more.
Strangely, I feel good today- dare I say optimistic. All I need to top this off is a special announcement indicating a McCourt sale is around the corner.
- VegasDen writes about a Dodger first- Dodgers on a plane.
- The Onion Sports Network knows how to save the Dodgers.
- Dodger troubles are nothing new to LA, via Zócalo Public Square and written by DJ Waldie.
- The TriStar Grand Treasure has been redeemed- it's a Babe Ruth autographed Baseball. See pics via Beckett.
- Why are these Dodger farmhands holding cute little bunnies? Find out here at Eephus League.
- A graded PSA 10 Wayne Gretzky rookie card just sold at SCP at a record $94,162 for that card, via Puck Daddy.
- In New York last night.
This has to be the ultimate press printing plate. It is an original July 30, 1996 LA Times full printing plate of the front page of the sports section. It features a Tommy Lasorda autograph on a story about his departure from Managing the team.(eBay Auction Link)