Relaxed, chillin' and just shooting the breeze.
Check out the boys hangin' out in the dugout before yesterday's opening game in Colorado. With the division championship within reach, they definitely look like they're having fun.
Case in point, during a game where the Dodgers got shelled for seven runs Jimmy Rollins was still able to have a laugh by doing a Bumgarner on Joe West. He mocked the Giants starter by staring intently into the eyes of the umpire. Watch a clip of it below via CBS Sports on twitter:
LOOK: Jimmy Rollins gets in mock staredown with Joe West http://t.co/ktFA3PaKkW pic.twitter.com/9e0tbu7pEX— CBS Sports MLB (@CBSSportsMLB) September 26, 2015
The photo at the very top via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2015. Go here to see more photo by Jon from yesterday's game. Below are more links to check out:
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Mattingly, Kershaw turn page after exchange."
"That's over," Mattingly said before Friday's 7-4 loss to the Rockies. "I talked to him in the weight room today."
Mattingly reiterated that removing Kershaw was a game decision and was not motivated by trying to limit innings so Kershaw would be stronger during the playoffs.
"I wasn't trying to shave innings," Mattingly said. "I was trying to win a game, period. I told you that [Thusday]. Clayton's awesome. Clayton's the last of my worries."
- Via Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA, "Seager’s leg soreness said to be minor."
“I just wanted to be cautious [on Friday]. I’m going to need him to play shortstop in this series,” Mattingly said. “He was just heavy-legged the other day and I’d seen him shaking his legs out. It’s one of those things where I just wanted to stay away from [using] him.”
Although “heavy-legged” is certainly subject to interpretation, Seager gave no indication of any health issues whatsoever when asked how he felt on Thursday afternoon.
“I feel good,” Seager answered.
- Via Dylan Hernandez at the LA Times, "Adrian Gonzalez back in Dodgers lineup, wants to stay there for duration."
While categorizing his back problem as "a nick," the All-Star first baseman acknowledged it's been the source of some discomfort over the last week. A disk in the lower part of his back is pinching a nerve, affecting his left leg.
"My whole left side — my hamstring, my calf, my quad — everything feels weak and kind of dead, in a sense," he said. "When I'm hitting, I feel like I have no backside. When I'm running, I feel like I can't really push off my left leg."
- Jared Massey at Dodgers Nation puts together hisDodger Minor League Awards for 2015, "Bellinger, De Leon Receive Top Honors."
- Check out this Fox Sports Quiz: Which MLB Manager are you? Apparently, I'm like Bruce Bochy - which makes a little sad and happy at the same time.
- Ben Henry at the Baseball Card blog made a fantastic 1965 Topps fantasy card featuring Don Drysdale and Sandy Koufax. Check it out here.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *