Guess who will be on the cover of MLB 15? Yasiel Puig is the king of the league. Graphic above via @MLBTheShow on twitter.
I couldn't think of a more appropriate player to grace the cover of the newest edition of MLB The Show. Afterall, the man is one of the more exciting players in the league and he even enjoys playing the game. As you'll recall, earlier this year he challeneged Hunter Pence to a friendly game at IGN Studios and he whooped some butt. Check out my previous post about it here. You can also watch it below.
Below are some links to check out:
- FYI, Fernando Valenzuela will receive the Othli Award from Carlos Manuel Sada, Consulate General of Mexico, this afternoon at Rio de Los Angeles State Park as a part of Copa IME Becas. The award recognizes those who have had a significant impact on the lives of the Mexican community and is awarded by the Instituto de los Mexicanos en el Exterior (IME), an agency of the Mexican government and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Copa IME Becas is a free community festival that started at 8:00 AM, and Valenzuela will be on hand at noon.
- Listen to Dodger GM Farhan Zaidi on AM570 with Bill Reiter and friends on LA Today that was recorded yesterday, here.
- Via Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider, "Dodgers claim catcher Ryan Lavarnway from Red Sox, designate Drew Butera for assignment." If Butera clears waivers it's likely he stays within the Dodger system. A Dodger press release can be found here.
Lavarnway, who went to El Camino Real HS in Woodland Hills and then Yale, had a .389 on-base percentage and .370 slugging percentage in 62 games with Pawtucket in 2014, while battling a strained left wrist. His best minor league season was 2011, when he hit 32 homers, and he has a career .283/.375/.479 line in the minors.
Mike Petriello at Dodgers Digest writes a great analysis on Lavarnway, and it ain't pretty.
- Jayson Stark at ESPN has the best take yet on the circus of Matt Kemp rumors circulating throughout social media. Check that out here.
Here's one final prediction for you: The Dodgers will trade an outfielder this winter. Maybe more than one. But while they're talking about Kemp with the Orioles, Mariners, Padres and others, dealing Kemp is the option they're least interested in -- basically, their "Uh-Oh, We Can't Move Anybody Else So We'd Better Move Him" plan.
- Via David Hood at True Blue LA, "Dodgers top prospects 2015: Brandon Dixon, No. 18."
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *