Last week I featured the very first Baseball card sets to include the Dodgers newest wonderkid -- Yasiel Puig. Well, at that time the Leaf Valiant card was only available through a redemption card, and the actual card had yet to be seen. Now, a copy of it is available for all to gawk over. Above is an orange refractor parallel, numbered to only 99.
- Clayton Kershaw speaks to MLB Network Radio's Jim Duquette and Jody McDonald about a possible contract extension, and mentions that there have been no conversations. (Hat Tip: MLB Trade Rumors)
- Dodgers prospect Onelki Garcia just made his Fall League debut, via Brandon Lennox at True Blue LA.
After a rumored oblique strain had sidelined the lefty until now, Garcia actually drew the start and continued his professional success by tossing a pair of scoreless frames.
- Darrell Rovell at ESPN notes that the Dodgers future TV deals could be huge.
Desser estimates that a Dodgers-owned network -- a la the Yankees' YES -- could earn up to $425 million a year. If so, the team could pocket all revenue above the first $84 million without sharing, assuming MLB doesn't change its mind about the valuation. You can see where this is going.
- CRZBlue writes a great report on the last LA Chapter of SABR where Tim Leary came in to speak.
- Can you tell I miss hockey? McFarlane Toys is making a figurine of Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings goalie and Playoff MVP Jonathan Quick; complete with a little Stanley Cup. (Hat Tip: Life in Hockeywood)
- Sad. Former No. 1 draft pick Brien Taylor sentenced to prison for drug sales, via Houston Mitchell at the LA Times. This guy was one of the hottest prospects in the early 90's. Heck, I remember selling an autographed Topps gold card of his for hundreds of dollars back then.
- If you are interested in Baseball history then you have to check out John Thorn's blog. He is the official historian for MLB. Today he writes, "On the Battlefront, the New York Game Takes Hold, 1861-1865."
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *