- Surprise! Surprise!! Josh Macciello isn't our savior, via LA Weekly.
Because, as it turns out, Macciello was never a real contender for the team. He is, instead, a fraud. Despite what he's told reporter after reporter, and despite what those journalists have dutifully repeated, he does not have billions of dollars. He does not have rights to any gold mines. He is, instead, a convicted drug dealer and a huckster who has used his talents to persuade many people — not just journalists — to place their confidence in him. In his wake he has left a string of abandoned projects and broken promises.
- Hello Kitty will be making a reappearance at Dodger Stadium in a big way. For the July 1st home game against the Mets the Dodgers will be giving out 50,000 mini-bobbleheads of Hello Kitty in a Dodgers uniform. I still hate you Hello Kitty.
- The Dodgers also recently released some preview pics of other game give-aways; like the Cooler Bag (May 7) and the Father's Day Sports Bag (June 17).
- Dee Godon is a stealing machine. Check out JP Hoornstra's report in the Daily News.
"He knows what his role is," Lopes said of Gordon. "His role is to get on base and cause some problems. If he's real good at that, he could steal a lot. I'm not going to put a number on it."And problems he will no doubt cause. This happened in the first inning of this afternoons game. (Pic from twitter @TrueBlueLA)
- Tom Bartsch at Sports Collectors Digest tells us that the three times a year the Long Beach Coin, Stamp & Collectibles Expo will now include sports collectibles. This is great news. I remember going to that show a decade ago to sit in on a live sports auction (my first and only time doing that) and marveled at the entire spectacle. I had failed to register with that auction prior to its start so was shut out of any bidding- unfortunately. There was some great stuff being sold at great prices; especially when considering what they would be valued at today.
- This is a great read for the collector. Via Sports Collectors Digest: "Contrived Scarcity in Collecting."
- Just some space porn.
From the upcoming Special Edition Ascent: Commemorating Space Shuttle DVD/BluRay a movie from the point of view of the Solid Rocket Booster with sound mixing and enhancement done by the folks at Skywalker Sound.
Hat Tip: Reddit: