Check out some more great pics from yesterdays game here, via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2013.
- Another injury. Stephen Fife is on the 15 day DL with right shoulder bursitis, and Matt Magill has been called up to replace him.
Magill will start and wear No. 36 in his Major League debut tonight vs. Milwaukee.
Magill has posted a 2.84 ERA with 23 strikeouts over 19.0 innings in four starts for the Isotopes this season. The Simi Valley native has held the opposition to a .206 average on the year and last pitched on Monday, making 71 pitches and fanning seven while allowing one run on one hit in 4.0 innings. The 23-year-old was selected by the Dodgers in the 31st round of the 2008 First-Year Draft. He was signed out of Royal High School by then scout and current Dodger bullpen coach Chuck Crim.
Fife started Sunday’s game in Baltimore after being recalled on the same day, allowing four runs on seven hits in 4.2 innings in the no-decision. In three starts with the Isotopes this season, the 26-year-old is 1-1 with a 4.61 ERA (7 ER/13.2 IP) and 14 strikeouts.
- "Hanley to start rehab assignment on Saturday," via Austin Laymance at MLB.com.
"He's worked really hard on his defense and I don't really want him to come back just to be back," Mattingly said. "I want him to be ready to play, and be able to play at a level that is natural, not where he has to think about throwing and how he's going to grip the ball and things like that. As soon as he's ready for that, we're ready for him."
- Are you kidding me? Mark Ellis strained his right quad and will have a MRI, via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA.
- Vin Scully hates paper airplanes, via Cut4.
I tell you, it seems like a childish thing, a paper airplane. You're out there hitting and a guy's throwing in the mid-90s, and a little white something might distract you? Whoa.
- Kershaw's Challenge has a new video up. Go here to check it out.
- Stealing Home at All Trade Bait, All the Time recently visited Dodger Stadium and shares some nice pics.
- OK. This is just awesome. via Reddit, here are 66 photos chronicling the making of The Empire Strikes Back.
- Check out this great new shirt that was recently put together by Erin. She used to run a Dodgers blog called Beantown West (and its many different iterations), and was a part of the original crew of Dodger bloggers that were invited to the teams Blogger Night festivites many moons ago. Well, she's kinda retired from blogging, but that hasn't stopped her from loving the Dodgers. Check out her creation here and please consider dropping some dough if you are so inclined. Go here.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *