Matt Luke, Paul LoDuca, Sweet Lou Johnson and Bobby Castillo are at the Holiday Ham Giveaway at Dodger Stadium on December 18, 2012. Photo Credit: Larry Goren/ LA Dodgers 2012.
- Murray Chass writes of the "Battle for LA in Baseball and Geography."
Finding the name intellectually offensive from the day Moreno announced it, I bring it up now because of recent developments. If the name the Angels have usurped were legitimate, Major League Baseball could promote one of the highlights of the coming season as the battle for Los Angeles. The Angels and the Dodgers have certainly spent a lot of time and money creating that picture.
- The Jackie Robinson game-used jersey on auction through Lelands that I featured in a post last week closed at an astounding $401,968 (including the 19.5% buyer's permium).
- David Laurila at FanGraphs interviews Dodgers pitching prospect Chris Reed.
- Former Angels wunderkind slugging prospect Dallas McPherson has just been signed by the Dodgers to play in AAA, via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA.
- Come on man! Why do you have to disrespect the uniform like that? Some idiot has been roaming East LA robbing stores decked out in LA Dodgers gear. This guy really sucks. Story at CBSLA.com. See the suspects photo to the right.
- The Dodgers wish you a happy holidays!
|(credit: Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Dept.)|
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *