Yasiel Puig visited the MLB FanCave today. Check him out above trying out a new bat, pic via twitter @MLBFanCave. Check out his reaction to the new band Puig Destoyer, here.
- Clayton Kershaw and the Dodgers are nearing a new contract, per Ken Rosenthal at Fox Sports.
The Dodgers have made progress on a seven-year extension for Kershaw, and the dollar amount will be above the $180 million the Tigers awarded Verlander, according to major-league sources. The contract would be the largest for a pitcher in baseball history.
- Kershaw is not happy that the above negotiations have gone public. Per Dylan Hernandez at the LA Times, "Clayton Kershaw upset about report on contract talks with Dodgers".
- It sounds like Puig is here for good. Via a tweet from Dylan Hernandez.
Even if/when Kemp and Crawford return, Puig will probably remain in major leagues, according to Mattingly.
— Dylan Hernandez (@dylanohernandez) June 16, 2013
- The Dodgers organization was involved in another bench-clearing brawl. This time it was in Albuquerque against the Cardinals AAA club from Memphis. Via Mark Townsend at Big League Stew.
- Joel Sherman at the NY Post writes, "Dodgers gambled big on phenom Puig based on just one BP session".
“I wanted the player,” White remembered during a phone conversation. “And I will tell you how badly I wanted him: I would rather he come to us with the talent I saw and fail to turn those tools into anything than go someplace else and succeed. I couldn’t have lived with that.”
- "Fifty years later, Downing recalls '63 season fondly: Southpaw was key factor in Yanks' pennant, had front-row seat for historic Series," Via Lyle Spencer at MLB.com.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *