Welcome to the playoffs. The NLDS series starts tomorrow afternoon against the St. Louis Cardinal, and several olde-tyme Dodgers will be in the house to sign free autographs for fans. Below are the scheduled autograph opportunities and other odds and ends for this series.
BTW, I only have full details for Fridays game at this time. As soon as I receive details for Saturdays game I will update this post (likely Friday night). I will be out of town on Saturday, so I'll miss the game (but will hopefully get updates). If you're a Kings fan then you know where I'll be.
You can listen to the games on the Dodgers radio network at AM570. Vin Scully will call the first three innings and the final three innings of each Dodger postseason game. Steiner and Monday will call the middle three innings. The Dodgers’ Spanish-language radio broadcast on Univision America KTNQ 1020 AM will be led by Jarrín with Valenzuela, color commentator, who will call all postseason games along with Yñiguez. The games also can be heard in Korean on Radio Korea AM 1540. “Dodger Talk” on Dodgers Radio AM570 will also continue throughout the postseason and will feature Jorge Jarrín, Kevin Kennedy and David Vassegh.
If you are driving to any of the games please purchase your parking tickets in advance. Prices for advance purchase is $10 and parking at the gate is $20 for the Division Series. The Dodgers also will offer premium parking in advance at $35 and for $50 at the gate for Division Series. For further information on Dodger parking, visit www.dodgers.com/parking or call the Dodgers’ ticket office at 323-DODGERS.
Dodger Express Shuttle:
As always, fans can use the Dodger Express shuttle bus to get to the games. It will run from the usual location at Union Station and also expands to the Harbor Gateway Transit Center in the SouthBay. Go here for more information.
In case you were curious the umpire crew chief for the series will be Dale Scott, who will be on the field with Eric Cooper, Rob Drake, regular season crew chief Jerry Layne, Jerry Meals and Alan Porter. CB Bucknor, Chris Conroy, Ed Hickox and Brian O'Nora will serve in the Replay Center during the Division Series.
Extreme Loaded Dog:
BTW, the Extreme Loaded Dog concession stands will be making the Playoff Dog, an all-beef hot dog on a Pretzel Roll topped with Pastrami, pickle spears and Oktoberfest mustard. It will be available Monday through Wednesday at extreme loaded dog concession stands on the Field, Loge and Reserve levels. See a pic of it on the right.
Friday, October 3rd at 3:37 PM
Adam Wainwright vs. Clayton Kershaw
Tonight's game starts at 3:37 PM. Auto gates open at 12:37 PM, and stadium gates open at 1:07 PM. It will be televised on FoxSports1.
The first 50,000 fans in attendance will receive a blue rally towel. See it on the left.
Hall of Fame Manager and Special Advisor to the Chairman Tommy Lasorda will throw the ceremonial first pitch tomorrow. One hundred fifty members of the Armed Forces representing the Army, Marine Corps, Navy and Coast Guard will unfurl a giant flag in center field prior to the national anthem. Mother, daughter, sister, actress, dedicated philanthropist, NY Times best-selling author and five-time GRAMMY award winning artist Wynonna Judd will perform the national anthem.
Former Dodgers Al Ferrara (in right-field pavilion plaza) and Tim Leary (in left-field pavilion plaza) will be signing autographs for fans from 1:00 PM to 3:15 PM. Pregame entertainment will also include face painters in the left-field pavilion plaza and musical entertainment in the right and left-field reserve plazas. Dodgers Radio KLAC AM 570’s Petros and Money show will broadcast live from the left-field pavilion plaza from 3:00 PM to 6:00 AM.
- The Veteran of the Game presented by Bank of America is U.S. Army Colonel Matthew Ruedi. Ruedi is the 916th Support Brigade Commander at Fort Irwin National Training Center in San Bernardino County. He has served deployments to Kosovo and three deployments to Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers Foundation (LADF) will hold a silent auction on the Club level by the Vin Scully Press Box. The auction ends at 5:15 p.m. with more than 25 items up for bid, including a Vin Scully autographed baseball, Clayton Kershaw autographed photo and Yasiel Puig framed autographed LA Dodger jersey. All proceeds will benefit LADF and its programs in sports and recreation, education and literacy and health and wellness which help children and families throughout the greater Los Angeles region.
- There will also be a BBQ Beef Brisket Burger (one-third pound burger topped with American cheese, Think Blue BBQ beef brisket, Stout BBQ sauce and fried onions and pickles) available at Elysian Park Grills on the Loge, Reserve and Top Deck levels and Field level Dodger Dog Stands at sections 22 and 23. A Think Blue BBQ “Grand Slam” Playoff Platter (beef brisket, pulled pork, roasted corn, potato salad, coleslaw and corn bread) is avaialble at Think Blue BBQ at the left-field pavilion plaza. A Gelato Ice Cream Sandwich, Lasorda’s gelato ice cream smashed between two chocolate chip cookies, will be available at Tommy Lasorda’s Trattoria located at the right-field pavilion plaza.
Saturday, October 4th at 6:37 PM
Lance Lynn vs. Zack Greinke
Tonight's game starts at 6:37 PM. Auto gates open at 3:37 PM, and stadium gates open at 4:07 PM. It will be televised on the MLB Network.
Sorry! I lied. I posted up information for Game 2 in a new post. Go here to check that out. The Dodgers are giving out different rally towel for the game.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *