The October edition of Dodger Insider magazine is now available. Check out the cover featuring Matt Kemp above. Jon Weisman at the Dodger Insider blog has details about what's inside.
Below are some links to check out:
- You gotta check this out. Jon Wesiman put together a list of the Top-50 best Dodger plays of the second half of the season, and he has video for all of them. Go here to check them out.
- Via Cary Osborne at Dodger Insider, "Clayton Kershaw a finalist for four Players Choice Awards."
- Just a reminder, the Dodger Express shuttle bus will be picking up fans in the South Bay for the upcoming playoffs. It'll pick up fans at the Harbor Gateway Transit Center. Go here for the Dodger press release that has information.
- Via Dustin Nosler at Dodgers Digest, "Carl Crawford could be ‘X-Factor’ for Dodgers in NLDS."
Crawford is coming off his best season (119, according to wRC+) since his final year in Tampa Bay (2010, 134 wRC+). He’s also coming off an incredibly torrid September in which he slashed .448/.473/.716. In fact, Crawford has been the best hitter in baseball over the last month, again according to wRC+. For a guy who slashed just .163/.245/.209 in July, that’s almost unbelievable.
- Via Bill Plunkett at the OC Register, "Dodgers' Jansen grateful he was convinced to become a pitcher."
“The arm was beautiful,” said Dodgers vice president for player personnel Vance Lovelace. “He was a big-bodied catcher who’d drop to his knees and he had an 80 throwing arm (the highest scouting grade). It wasn’t hard to see. It was, ‘OK, if you don’t hit pretty soon. We’re going to make you a pitcher.’”
- GCRL shares even more Steve Garvey oddball Baseball cards here.
- I wonder if this recent ruling will have any effect on MLB and the Dodgers. From what I understand, though, it primarily applies to the NFL. Via Travis Waldron at Think Progress, "FCC Votes Unanimously To End TV Sports Blackout Rule."
- Via the LA Daily News, "Bryan Stow again sues the Dodgers, accuses team of conspiring to deprive him of adequate care."
The suit alleges the team and ACE (Stow’s insurer) are fraudulently trying to recover $3.4 million from the plaintiff regarding his health care. Representatives of Anthem and the Dodgers could not be immediately reached.
- Panini's 2014 Hall of Fame 75th Anniversary Baseball card set is coming out next, so they released some preview pics on their blog to check out. Go here to see those. Above are cards of Jackie Robinson and Pee Wee Reese.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *