- Albuquerque Isotopes owner, Ken Young, is named the Minor League Executive of the Year, from I Love This Game.
- Bye Bye Mitch Jones. He signs with the Braves.
- The Dodgers take care of their season ticket holders with something unique for the Holidays. Via It's Time for Dodger Baseblog and Vin Scully is My Homeboy here, here and here. Apparently there are numerous different version based on where you sit in the stadium. On eBay is this white seat version.
- The 50 best catch phrases of the decade.
- A great Christmas gift idea- Rick Dempsey's Home Run Holiday. (Hat Tip: Big League Stew)
“I never imagined I’d be standing out here no, never. This is kind of surreal. You look around and you’re in a baseball park, Fenway Park! Then you look down and you’re on ice. Really unique, that’s for sure.”-Bobby Orr after skating on the ice at Fenway Park today. (From KuklasKorner) Watch a live webcam overlooking Fenway Park with a hockey rink on it below.
- The year in photos from Boston.com. Chicago White Sox pitcher Scott Linebrink delivers a pitch against the Chicago Cubs during the fifth inning of a spring training baseball game in Las Vegas, in this March 5, 2009 photo. (AP Photo/Isaac Brekken)