Here is a great vintage photograph taken from the upper deck seats behind home plate at Ebbets Field during a World Series Game against the Yankees in 1955. You can just about see the entire field and stadium. What I didn't realize was how much room there was in foul territory.
Thursday, August 11, 2011
Tommy and Whitey Ford, via TwitPic: @TommyLasorda.
- How could the season get any worse- Dee Gordon to the DL, via AJ Cassavell.
- Newcombe meets the President, via LA Examiner.
“I just had the honor of…taking a picture with him and he was very gracious in saying…Jackie would be proud. And I said, well, I would not be here if it were not for Jackie and if it were not for Don Newcombe.”
- Roberto shares some photos of Amare Stoudemire sporting a Ethier Jersey at the LA Zoo at Vin Scully is My Homeboy.
- This makes me sad, via LA Times.
"Let's just say it's been a role reversal," (Davey) Lopes said. "The Dodgers used to be the model organization … now that's the Phillies."
- LFP says its over.
- Dodger financing looks worse and worse. They will lose $27 million in LA attendance losses and more in Arizona.
- It's great to know that he's doing better. Bryan Stow is responsive, via Cash Kruth MLB.
- Who would have thought that freezing bats would strengthen them. (Hat Tip: 6-4-2)
- Alyssa Milano unveils a sneak peek at her upcoming Summer Baseball Collection. (Hat Tip: Alyssa Milano Blog)