Yasiel Puig greets Justin Sellers in the photo above, by Dodgers photographer Jon SooHoo. See more of his pics from yesterday here.
- Left Field Pavilion is the king of making fantasy Baseball cards. Check out his recent Dodgers creations here. I bow down to you, sir!
- "Kemp facing mental hurdles in rehab process," via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com.
- "So far, so good with Chad Billingsley," via Mark Saxon at ESPN.
Right after Chad Billingsley said, "I think it's behind me," he paused, turned around, found some wood, knocked on it and continued, "But you never know. Any time you step on the mound ... "
- Howard Cole at Cole on LA takes a look at the Dodgers bench.
Alternate title considered – “Carl Crawford throws monkey wrench into Dodgers bench plans” – scrapped for grammatical reasons, and because the man can’t throw a household tool across a workbench, much less a baseball from left field to second base.
It doesn’t matter what the former All-Star wants or says; Crawford is unlikely to be 100% by Opening Day, which causes a domino effect across the roster, but for the sake of discussion for a moment, let’s assume he is.
- If you're curious, Buster Posey recently participated in a Reddit AMA "Ask Me Anything" session. Check it out here. It would be great if a Dodger would do the same thing.
- The NHL is in the midst of their own sabermetrics revolution, via Elliotte Friedman of CBC.
So, I asked the coach about it. He paused, then smiled and said, "I have no idea what you're talking about." He just didn't want to say anything about this "private" statistic. The next day, the player said, "Please don't report that... I didn't realize I wasn't supposed to say anything."
- Just because I've got the music of my youth on my mind. Here's the Swamp Zombies with the song Cat's Meow.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *