The next homestand starts on Monday against the Washington Nationals, and several olde-tyme Dodgers will be in the house to sign free autographs for fans. Below are the scheduled autograph opportunities and other odds and ends for this upcoming homestand.
BTW, the Extreme Loaded Dog concession stands will be making the Washington Dog, an all-beef hot dog wrapped in Virginia Ham. It will be available Friday through Sunday at extreme loaded dog concession stands on the Field, Loge and Reserve levels.
Monday, September 1st at 5:10 PM
Happy Labor Day! Monday's game starts at 5:10 PM. Auto gates open at 2:30 PM, and stadium gates open at 3:00 PM. This afternoon the Dodgers celebrate Josh Beckett's No-Hitter. The first 40,000 fans will receive an Beckett Commemorative No-Hitter Pin. Check it out on the right.
As part of his 27,273-mile media tour, Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao, eight-division world champion in boxing, will throw the ceremonial first pitch on Monday. The Filharmonic, who appeared on NBC’s “The Sing-Off,” will perform prior to Monday’s game and will also sing the national anthem.
Former Dodgers Tim Leary (in right-field pavilion plaza) and Ken Landreaux (in left-field pavilion plaza) will be signing autographs for fans from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
- The Veteran of the Game presented by Bank of America is U.S. Marine Corps Sergeant Leon Pierce of Los Angeles. Pierce enlisted in 2002 and served with a Mortar Platoon maintaining personnel and equipment and ensuring his unit was mentally and physically prepared for combat operations. While deployed at Camp Leatherneck in the Helmand Province, Afghanistan, his vehicle was hit by an IED where he sustained several injuries. He is now recovering at the Wounded Warrior Battalion West, Camp Pendleton and hopes to attend SDSU to become a trauma nurse. Pierce’s accolades include the Purple Heart and the Iraq and Afghanistan Campaign Medals. Bank of America Senior Vice President Global Commercial Banking Felix Whittaker will present Pierce with an authenticated flag that has proudly flown over Dodger Stadium and display case.
Tuesday, September 2nd at 7:10 PM
Tueday's game starts at 7:10 PM. Auto gates open at 4:30 PM, and stadium gates open at 5:00 PM. It is another Dodger bobblehead day. The first 50,000 fans will receive a Magic Johnson Bobblehead. See the bobblehead on the left.
Dodgers Radio AM 570 Fox Sports LA’s Petros and Money show will broadcast live from the left-field pavilion plaza. R&B singer Jeffrey Osborne will perform the national anthem.
Former Dodgers Dennis Powell (in right-field pavilion plaza) and Derrel Thomas (in left-field pavilion plaza) will be signing autographs for fans from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
- The Veteran of the Game presented by Bank of America is U.S. Marine Corps Sergeant Wyatt Waldron of Palmdale. Waldron was a 50 Caliber Heavy Machine Gunner with the 3rd Battalion 4th Marine Infantry and served three combat tours in Iraq. In 2004, his unit fought in the battle of Fallujah, Iraq, and pulled down the statue of Saddam Hussein. Waldron’s accolades include the Purple Heart for injuries he sustained from an IED blast, two Marine Corps Medals with Valor and the Silver Star.
Wednesday, September 3rd at 12:10 PM
Wednesday's game starts early at 12:10 PM. Auto gates open at 9:30 AM, and stadium gates open at 10:00 AM.
Singer and songwriter Kim Devine will perform the national anthem.
Former Dodgers Billy Ashley (in right-field pavilion plaza) and Matt Luke (in left-field pavilion plaza) will be signing autographs for fans from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
- The Veteran of the Game presented by Bank of America is U.S. Air Force Staff Sergeant John Smith. In 1961, after hearing President John F. Kennedy’s first inaugural speech in which he stated ‘“Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country,” Smith enlisted in the Air Force and served at the School of Aerospace Medicine at Brooks Air Force Base doing medical research.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *