With the Dodgers 3rd Round Pick of the 2013 Amateur Draft (92nd overall), they choose Arizona Wildcat Brandon Dixon. He's a 6'1" third baseman who won the PAC-12 collegiate batting championship and was a member of the 2012 College World Series Champion University of Arizona Wildcats. Dixon batted .369 with 6 home runs in 57 games for Arizona this past season. In fact, 2013 was a breakout year for him.
Per Daniel Berk at the Arizona Daily Star:
"I've always had that goal and dream to go out and play professional baseball," Dixon said Wednesday. "I'm excited to see what happens."Well son, you're a Dodger now!
Per his Wildcat biography he once aspired to work for the Secret Service and counts Noodling as one of his hobbies.
I'm sure you're wondering like I was, what is noodling?
Well, noodling is catching catfish with his bare hands. Yeah, you read that right.
For more background on our newest prospect check out these stories below:
- Eric Stephen at True Blue LA has some info; including a video.
- Here is his Wildcat biography page.
- Jason Bartel at Arizona Desert Swarm writes "Arizona Wildcats Baseball: Brandon Dixon named semifinalist for Dick Howser Trophy".
- Anthony Gimino at the Tucson Citizen writes, "Arizona Wildcats’ Brandon Dixon wins Pac-12 batting title".
- Daniel Berk at the Arizona Daily Star wrote a pre-draft story on him.
Check out my post earlier today featuring some fantasy card I made of our first 2 picks from the draft here.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *