The Dodgers just release a couple of preview photos of the Eric Karros bobblehead to be given out on June 28th against the Mets. The likeness is amazing.
- As expected, Kemp is put back on the DL today. Alex Castellanos has been called up from Albuquerque. See the Dodgers press release, here.
Castellanos, making his first appearance on a big league roster, will wear No. 49 and was hitting .379 with 10 doubles, four triples, five homers and 14 RBI in 22 games with Triple-A Albuquerque, while posting a .476 on-base percentage and a .759 slugging percentage.
Chad Moriyama takes a closer look at Castellanos, here.
- Ken Gurnick at MLB.com takes a look at the upcoming draft for the Dodgers.
Assistant general manager and scouting director Logan White is excited about his first Draft for the new owners.
"It's a wonderful thing talking to Stan [Kasten, Dodgers president], and I'm unbelievably excited that he's a development-oriented person who wants us to be aggressive," said White. "I think where money will make an impact for us is internationally."
- Beyond the Boxscore calculates that a Dodger has been the most valuable hitter in Baseball, and it's not Kemp. Instead, it's a certain unsung hero who much of the Dodger-blogoshere has been championing as an All-Star. That's right, it's AJ Ellis. Check out the story here. On top of that, former Dodger prospect James McDonald is ranked as the most valuable pitcher so far this season.
- Tommy Lasorda shares the day he pitched 15 innings and probably threw 300 pitches. He also includes an awesome vintage photo of him as a member of the Schenectady Blue Jays in the Canadian-American League.
- Nick Diunte of the Examiner.com examines Ted Reed's book about Carl Furillo titled, "Carl Furillo: Brooklyn Dodger All Star." I hadn't realized that Furillo was basically blacklisted from the game.
- MLB Trade Rumors passes along the gossip that the Dodgers are calling other teams for available position players.
- I kinda miss Chan Ho Park. Fortunately, Big League Stew has a update; including a video of a commercial he did that sells insurance. BTW, Park raps in the commercial. It's awesome! Check it out.
- Check out the Ice Girls of the 2012 Stanley Cup Finals, via Gunaxin.
- The Upper Deck Blog shares a couple of redemption cards recently claimed that feature Kings overtime scorer Anze Kopitar and defenseman Drew Doughty. Those are some great looking cards. Unfortunately, I'm not a huge hockey card collector. Who knows, though. I might have to start. Heck, with the Kings doing so well I think I'll have to share what I do have over the next coming weeks.
- Check out Baseball explained on a whiteboard by a Brit, below. I found it funny and somewhat confusing, but I'm not sure I could do any better. (Hat Tip: Baseball Musings)