Check out the cover for the June issue of Dodgers Magazine. It features Matt Kemp and his recent encounter with Joshua Jones at a game in San Francisco. It also talks about Kemp recently hosting Joshua for a game in LA.
- Via Josie Baker at True Blue LA, "Elysian Park before Dodger Stadium: A cartographic history".
We've heard many times the story of Chavez Ravine, that a small Mexican community was forced to vacate their homes so that the Dodgers could build this cathedral to baseball. My goal with this piece isn't to go into any of the stories involved, I just wan to see what the maps show.
- Here is the 6th edition of the Dodgers Playbill featuring Maury Wills and Tommy Davis on the cover. It will be given out starting on Monday. See it on the right.
- What's this? Via David Brown at Big League Stew, Josh Beckett's numb fingers could lead to early retirement.
- Ryu is questionable for Sunday's game, via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com.
Hyun-Jin Ryu said he "doesn't know" if he will make his scheduled start Sunday for the Dodgers because of lingering left foot pain... "Considering how much it hurt that evening, it's healed faster than I thought," said Ryu, who continues to receive treatment for the bruise. X-rays taken of the foot were negative.
- The hits keep coming. Carl Crawford left Saturday's game early due to a hamstring strain, via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA.
- As a result of the news above about Crawford, there has been some speculation about a possible call-up of one of our prized prospects, via a tweet from Bill Shaikin of the LA Times.
- JBox at Gaslamp Ball tells us about, "A tale of revenge from Tony Gwynn about Curt Schilling." Be sure to listen to the audio. It's awesome.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *