Tu Ciudad Magazine puts together their All Latino Dodger Team on an interactive page complete with Baseball cards.
Sunday, April 06, 2008
5 games down 157 to go.
- Home Run Derby has photos of some incredible Lego Baseball stadiums.
- John Weisman of Dodger Thoughts has had enough of the "bloggers need a life" attitude from the mainstream press. Also, for the record. I do not blog in my underwear in the basement of my parents home. I blog in my underwear in the living room of my own home- thank you very much!
- LA Dodger Talk has the Dodger minor league report.
- Roberto was at the Coliseum and shares some pics of Carl Erskine, Wally Moon, Norm Sherry and Ron Fairly signing autographs. He also caught Andruw Jones earlier in day signing autographs at a Nike Store.
- Library of Congress has just opened a new Historic Baseball Resources website. There is everything from cards to photos, audio and video, newspapers and famous collections. Hat Tip: SCD:
- Steven Finley Was Here, Dodgerfan.net and Dodger Blog have been added to the Dodger blogroll.
- Bidding has started on Barry Bonds homerun #762 at SCP. This stands, for now, as his last career homerun and sets the record for most career dingers. Of course, the key question to ask here is, "do you care?"
- Stale Gum informs us that Topps Card Company pulled off an elaborate April Fools joke by creating a Baseball card inserted in their 2008 Baseball Series 1 boxes of fake high school phenom Kazuo Uzuki. He supposedly threw a 104 mph fastball and was expected to go straight to the major leagues. Kazuo Uzuki means "the first son of April."
- ARod was attacked by a hawk at Fenway Park. No, not that ARod, but Alexa Rodriguez a 13 year old middle school student from Bristol, Connecticut. Check it out here and with pics.
- Guy Wellman shares his Dodger career and collection. He was a player, a scout (who signed Frank Howard and Garvey) and a field coordinator.