Thursday, January 19, 2012
This is a 2003 Bowman Chrome autographed rookie card of Billingsley in my collection. It was issued soon after he was drafted in the first round that year.
This is a 1956 World Series trophy that was sold by concessionaires during the series. They are about 6" tall and made of plastic. They are not green, like the example below, but are bronze/copper. You can almost see its natural color at the left foot of the batter. I've seen these sell for a couple of hundred in good shape. This particular model went for $36.00.
A couple of Kings players, Jonathan Bernier and Dustin Penner, will be signing free autographs at Staples in Hawthorne from 2:00 PM to 3:00PM. Information is here.
14401 Hindry Avenue
Hawthorne, CA 90250
Frank & Sons is hosting another Dodger this coming Saturday in the City of Industry. Dee Gordon will be signing from 11:00Am to 1:00PM. Link.
STAPLES2570 Lincoln Blvd Ste 103
Venice, CA 90291
Killarney Pub & Grill in Huntington Beach will have former Raider Jim Otto on hand for some football at noon. John Vella was scheduled but cancelled. I do not know if this is a free event, so please check with the establishment. More information is here.
Killarney Pub & Grill
209 Main St, Huntington Beach, CA 92648
- Greg was at the Kershaw book signing and received some great inscriptions, via Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle.
- Edgar at My Autograph Signings was at the Costco in Azusa to meet the Kershaw's. He has a complete report with pics and video.
- Cards That Never Were makes an awfully nice Don Drysdale card using Fleer's 1962 Football design.
- A double dose of news. Disney and O'Malley may be joining teams, and there has been a significant arrest related to insider trading at Steven Cohen's, company. via Steve Dilbeck La Times.
- The parking lot man might be here to stay, via Bill Shaikin LA Times.
The agreement stipulates that prospective buyers "may submit bids that include the purchase of the parking lots."
If the lots are not sold with the team, the new owner would lease them from McCourt for $14 million a year. The annual lease payment would rise in 2015, and every five years thereafter.
- New Dodgers Owners Needs to Rebuild the Farm, via LA Observed.
- LA Times: Mike DiGiovanna:
The Dodgers had been scouting Darvish since he was 15.
- Halos Heaven has a funny story worth reading: A Cautionary Tale: Protecting Your Angels Gear.
- David Beckham is staying in LA. Galaxy resign him. (Hat Tip: LA Inspiration)
- Pack War has a bunch of pics from Upper Deck's Parkhurst Champions Fossils and Artifacts Set. These limited redemption cards are awesome.
- Are you ready for some Lingerie Bowl Football? Well, get excited. Check out their commercial, right here. (Hat Tip: TerezOwens.com)
- If scantily clad ladies tackling each other doesn't strike your fancy, then how about checking out Puppy Bowl VIII.