In the photo above from last night, Japanese-American War Veterans James Ogawa, Hitoshi Sameshima and Don Seki threw out the first pitch. Pic via Jon SooHoo/2013 LA Dodgers 2013.
- Jason Stark at ESPN provides his "Best (and worst) of the first half," and Clayton Kershaw is highlighted as the NL's best pitcher.
- Packages of Big League Chew bubblegum with Matt Kemp (the 1st ballplayer ever on the package) are now available in stores. Checkout a pic below via twitter @DuranSports.
- Via Mike Gates at NotGraphs, "The Many Crimes and Misdemeanors of Yasiel Puig".
And finally, in addition to stiffing Luis Gonzalez, Puig has shoulder checked Mike Schmidt into a locker, chased Henry Aaron with a bat, mocked Edgar Martinez for not having a position, and urinated on the grave of Harmon Killebrew. Beware, the legend Puig mocks next could be your own.
- Check out a great video of Clayton Kershaw helping out ShareFest at Kershaw's Challenge.
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "2013 MLB Draft: Dodgers signed 28 of 40 picks".
- "Yasiel Puig's status deemed day-to-day after Dodgers' loss," via Andrew Gastelum at the LA Times.
"This is day to day," Mattingly said after the Dodgers' 3-0 loss to Colorado. "We just have to do a better job of communicating. Guys get banged up, if he needs a day off ... there's no shame in that."
Puig, who was pulled in the fifth inning after grounding out twice, said his condition improved from Thursday, when he was taken out in the eighth inning.
"It feels a lot better, but there's a lot of games left in the season," Puig said. "I'll rest and get some treatment on it tomorrow."
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *