KISS! If you haven't seen it yet. Here are Jon SooHoo's photos from the Stadium Series. BTW, you can see my pics here.
- The Dodgers Community Caravan starts today. Ron Cey, Kenny Landreaux, Matt Luke and Dennis Powell who will visit Children's Hospital Los Angeles (CHLA). Clear Channel Radio will be broadcasting live as part of a radiothon fundraiser benefitting CHLA. The radiothon will be co-hosted by Dodger alumnus Eric Karros. Dodger alumni will also take photos and sign autographs for patients and their families in support on this event. See a Dodgers press release here.
- Christina DeNicola at MLB.com writes, "Dodgers' Rodriguez seeking redemption in 2014".
"Trying to stay strong through the whole year," Rodriguez said. "Last year, I thought I prepared well enough, but at the end I might have gotten a little tired and I didn't pitch as well as I wanted to. I felt like I had to work a little harder just to get to that point where I can last a whole season."
- Via Dylan Hernandez on twitter, Mighael Young still deciding what to do. He also follows up with a story at the LA Times, "Michael Young deciding between retiring and returning to Dodgers".
Michael Young still undecided if he will play this year or retire. Young said that if he plays, it's "a safe bet" it will be for #Dodgers.
— Dylan Hernandez (@dylanohernandez) January 27, 2014
- Via Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA, "Clayton Kershaw – Baseball’s anti-rockstar".
- Matt Snyder at CBS Sports puts together a, "All-Time Single-Season Team: Los Angeles/Brooklyn Dodgers".
- Nick Diunte at Baseball Happenings tells us that former Brooklyn Dodger Charlie Osgood recently passed away. RIP, Charlie. Nick has an extended story about Osgood, here.
Charlie Osgood, pitcher of one game for the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1944, passed away on January 23, 2014 in Tewksbury, Mass. He was 87.
Osgood made his debut at the tender age of 17 when baseball was rapidly losing players to the World War II draft.
- Via Craig Minami at True Blue LA, "Dodger prospects chat with Jason Parks of Baseball Prospectus".
- Jon Rosen at LA Kings Insider shares some photos from the Kings minor league affiliate Manchester Monarchs game featuring them wearing a vintage Kings "Burger King" uniforms.
- Clayton Kershaw received the Cy Young Award on Saturday. Watch Sandy Koufax introducing the Dodger ace below.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *