- ThinkCure! weekend will be from September 2nd to 3rd. Go here for details.
- Matt Kemp knows he's in a slump, but he remains confident (via TJ Simers at the LA Times)
"He hasn't lost that little boy in him, that's for sure," says Manager Don Mattingly. "That's part of the growth of Matt Kemp. He's serious enough to know he wants to do well and he's not going to laugh off 0 for 19. But he's no moper; he's someone who is always going to be into the game.
- Via Jeff Weiss at the LA Weekly, What the Dodgers' Musical Taste Says About them.
- Via TJ Simers at the LA Times, Tommy hopes to see one more championship before he dies.
"Maybe it doesn't always sound sincere to some but I want to see another championship banner flying in center field," he says. "And even though I'll still be cheering for them in heaven, they better do it before the big Dodger in the sky calls me. I don't want to go without knowing we have another world championship.
"I've already told my wife that when I do go I want our home schedule attached to my tombstone. I want people who are in the cemetery visiting their loved ones to say, 'Let's go to Lasorda's grave and see if the Dodgers are playing home or away.'
- National League umpire Jim Joyce is a hero, via Scott Miller at CBS Sports.
Joyce administered CPR to a Diamondbacks' game-day employee named Jayne Powers in a tunnel leading to the umpires' dressing room minutes on his way into the ballpark Monday, saving her life in a moment nobody who was in the vicinity at Chase Field will soon forget.
- Here is your daily Stanley Cup Happenings. The Keeper of the Cup Philip Pritchard shares todays pic of forward Kyle Clifford doing some bench presses.
- Here is a new trailer for a Baseball documentary called "Knuckleball!" Go here for the film website.
This classic sports story recounts the 2011 journey of the last professional knuckleball pitchers: Tim Wakefield, a 17-year Red Sox veteran, and Mets up-and-comer R.A. Dickey. Together with just four other living knuckleballers, they shine a light on their remarkable brotherhood and the shared pursuit of honor and craftsmanship.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *