Check out this awesome broken bat pic from Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2013. See more of his photos from yesterday here.
- "Michael Young Hitting ‘em Hard," via Daniel Bailey at the Daily Gammons.
Here is a look at MLB’s batters with the highest line drive rates over the past 30 days. Michael Young of the Los Angeles Dodgers is leading the way.
- "Magic: 'I still pinch myself every day': Johnson discusses his love of being a Dodgers owner, hopes for the team and fans," via Barry Bloom at MLB.com.
MLB.com: How much fun is this, Earvin?
Johnson: You can't describe how much fun it is. First of all, to know that you are part-owner of the Dodgers, it just blows you away. I still pinch myself every day. I just can't believe it, you know? And then to have half a season last season, make nine changes [on the field] in a little bit more than half a season, and this season start off slow and now to be in first, playing some solid and good baseball -- this is all we wanted. We wanted it all for the fans and for the players.
- "Dodgers say Hanley Ramirez has irritated nerve in his back ," via Steve Dilbeck at the LA Times. According to Tony Jackson at Dodger Scribe, he has a history of sciatica. I know exactly how this feels. You get this intense pinching nerve pain that runs from your back all the way down to your legs. It can often be difficult to walk, as a result.
- The injuries are coming back. Via Eric Stephens at True Blue LA, "Giants 4, Dodgers 2: Andre Ethier hurts ankle in loss". He irritated his sprained ankle.
- "Dodgers' Chris Capuano suffers minor setback to bullpen debut ," via Steve Dilbeck at the LA Times.
“But the last couple felt like it wasn’t quite 100%,” he said. “The optimistic plan was to maybe be available Sunday or Monday out of the ’pen, but we’re going to give it a rest tomorrow and come get back on the mound Sunday or Monday one more time before we declare it ready for a game.”
- "Piquing too soon: Dodger injuries raise concerns," via Jon Weisman at Dodger Thoughts.
- Vladimir Guerrero has announced his retirement, via Jeff Todd at MLB Trade Rumors.
- The Chronicles of Fuji shows us the Yasiel Puig Sports Illustrated for Kids Baseball card he got in the September 2013 issue of magazine.
- Chris Olds at Beckett shares a bunch of preview pics from 2014 Bowman and it appears to include a Julio Urias autographed rookie card.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *