This just might be the best thing ever! Via Danny Wild at MiLB.com, "Isotopes pay tribute to 'Breaking Bad': Heisenberg-esque tee a unique souvenir for Albuquerque fans".
- Via Chris Flick at True Blue Crew writes, "Is JP Howell targeted by the Nats?"
- Ryan Walton at Valley Bay News caught up with recent Dodger minor league signee Clint Robinson.
- Via Greg Zakwin at Yahoo, "Los Angeles Dodgers Easily Have Best Rotation in Baseball".
While there are plenty of rotations that can lay claim to a top-three ranking in the game, one group clearly stands above all others as easily the best in baseball: the staff of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Via Ross Gassmer at Dodgers Nation, "Video: Dodgers’ Clayton Kershaw Discusses Contract, NLCS Loss".
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "New (Dodgers) third-base coach Bundy has paid his dues".
"For those of us who have been in the Minor Leagues a long time trying to get to the Major Leagues, with all the hard work you have to do in the Minors, and now to be rewarded, well, I feel like I earned it," Bundy said from Mexico, where he is into his third decade as a Winter League manager because "I'm trying to get better.
- Here's an old friend alert. Via Dodgers Nation on twitter, former Dodger Dave Hansen has joined the Angels coaching staff as assistant hitting coach.
- Tom Verducci at Sports Illustrated writes a great argument for including Jack Morris into the Hall of Fame. His article explains what I have believed for some time; that Jack Morris, when placed in context of his peers during his era, was one of the best - if not the best starting pitcher in Baseball.
- This is for those interested in the upcoming 2014 Draft. Via Jim Callis at MLB.com, "Next year's Draft deeper, packed with pitchers".
"Last year was one of the weakest Drafts I can remember," a scouting director with a National League team said. "Last year was really weak in high school pitching, and this year there's some really good-looking high school pitchers. Last year was the weakest year I've ever seen in shortstops, and this year there are shortstops. It's better in almost everything."
- Steve Lyons is not happy, via his twitter. Lyons takes a little swipe at the reported newest member of the Dodgers broadcast team, Nomar Garciaparra. He claims he's not trash talkin', still he sounds a little bitter about his exit.
I certainly wasn't an All Star when I played. Excuse my ego now but the new guy has big shoes to fill...
— Steve Lyons (@SteveLyons12) December 4, 2013
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *