On this date in 1981 the Dodgers defeated the NY Yankees in Game 6 of the World Series. They won their 5th franchise championship. Above is a photo of their celebration, via @Dodgers_History on twitter. As you can see, Steve Howe was on the mound to earn his first save of the series and his only playoff save of his career. Also shown is eventual World Series co-MVP
Below are some links to check out:
- Via Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider, "Corey Seager an AFL Fall-Star."
Seager has been named to the West Division roster for the Arizona Fall League Fall Stars Game
- Jarred Massey at Dodgers Nation pens an, "Open Letter To Logan White, Who Left A Lasting Impression."
- Via Dustin Nosler at Dodgers Digest, "Reminder: Logan White was good at his job while with the Dodgers."
I understand that since 2008, the Dodgers’ drafts haven’t produced much in the way of even decent players, but with White’s responsibilities as AGM and McCourt’s refusal to put money into player development and scouting, there was only so much he could do. It’s no coincidence that since 2012 (you know, when Guggenheim took over), the Dodgers have been exceedingly active in the international market and have drafted some players with high ceilings — the way it used to be when White first started with the Dodgers.
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Arizona Fall League Week 3: Darnell Sweeney on fire."
- Congratulations to 1,000,000 hits Night Owl Cards. Check out his most recent post, here.
- Check out who might be available this winter. Via Mike Petriello at Dodgers Digest, "Get To Know This Year’s Foreign Imports: Korea."
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *