How can I sign up for this?
Yesterday afternoon the Dodgers hosted 400 kids for their annual Children’s Holiday Party, and as you can see they turned the sloping hills at Dodger Stadium into a sleding wonderland. Photo above via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014. Go here to check out more photos from the event.
“It is a privilege for the Dodgers to welcome the youngsters from our neighborhood annually to enjoy a day of lunch, holiday fun and gifts,” said Dodger Executive Vice President Bob Wolfe. “Each season we do our best to provide great entertainment on the field for our fans and during the holiday season it gives us great pleasure to be able to put smiles on the faces of these deserving youngsters.”Below are some links to check out:
- Via Eric Stephens at True Blue LA, "Dodgers take Peter Lavin, Alexander Santana, Randy Fontanez, Nate Samson in minor league portion of Rule 5 Draft."
- JP Hoornstra provides a minute-by-minute rundown of Wednesday's activities, here. What a crazy day, eh?
- Via Jeff Sullivan at FanGraphs, "Dodgers Bet On Brandon McCarthy’s Shoulder."
He’s always been an interesting pitcher, but 2014 saw him reach a new level of intrigue. The Dodgers, it must always be understood, can afford to take some of these risks, on account of the money that funds them, yet this is a deal that would look pretty good on a number of payrolls. If you believe even a little bit in the power of xFIP, there’s more to McCarthy than meets the eye.
- Via Dave Cameron at FanGraphs, "The Matt Kemp Trade Feels Like the Vernon Wells Trade." An interesting thought. If Grandal becomes a Mike Napoli and Kemp turns in to Vernon Wells, I'd be super-surprised.
- Via Ken Rosenthal at SOX Sports, "Dodgers new president goes buck wild at Winter Meetings."
The overall plan, though, is compelling.
Streamline the payroll. Create paths for youngsters such as Pederson and shortstop Corey Seager. Make the roster more flexible, spend when appropriate, combine financial might with an improving farm system to gain access to virtually any player available in free agency or trade.
- Via Jay Jaffe at Sports Illustrated, "New front office puts its stamp on Dodgers with flurry of acquisitions."
Even with all that wheeling and dealing, Friedman and Zaidi may not be done. They could still trade Crawford or Ethier to open up a spot for top prospect Joc Pederson. Regardless of what the rest of the offseason holds, it's clear the new front office has wasted little time putting its stamp on the Dodgers.
- Miguel Rojas says goodbye to Dodger fans on twitter. Thank you , Miguel! You'll always be remembered for saving Kershaw's no-hitter. Check it out below:
@Dodgers @LosDodgers pic.twitter.com/GQC1uR6Pya
— Miguel Rojas (@MRojasOfficial) December 11, 2014
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *