I want these so bad!
Check out these awesome cleats from Adidas. Apparently, they were given to ballplayers who have endorsement deals with the company, in advance of Jackie Robinson Day.
Via a Tweet from Darren Rovell: "Adidas giving these Jackie Robinson cleats to their players for Jackie Robinson Day." Per a Rovell story at ESPN:
Two quotes from Robinson are on the cleats' sock liner: "Above anything else, I hate to lose" and "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."You can get more detail on the cleats here. No word yet on whether they will be made available for sale to the public. Below are more links to check out:
- BTW, the Dodgers finished one inning short of tying the Major League record for consecutive scoreless innings pitched to start the season - the 1963 Cardinals set it at 32. At the same time, they did set a Dodgers franchise record at 31 innings.
- In case you didn't know, the Dodgers not only missed out on a new MLB record, but they lost in spectacular fashion - giving up twelve runs to the Giants. Via Doug Padilla at ESPN:
- Video: Roberts Discusses Alex Wood And Falling To The Giants - Dave Roberts reacts to his first loss as Dodgers manager. (Video Link)
- Kawaii Baseball Cards shares an awesomely fantastic drawing of Kenta Maeda in honor of his recent home run. (Link Here)
- Video: Via Jake Miller at CBS News, "Jackie Robinson: The "loneliest man in sports"?
"When this man passes away at age 53, he looked old...like he's a whitehaired, retired Pullman car porter," Burns told "Face the Nation" in an interview that will air this Sunday, one day before "Jackie Robinson" premieres Monday on PBS. "It was from the load he carried."
- UCLA will also be honoring Jackie Robinson. Via UCLA Athletics, "Baseball to Honor Jackie Robinson."
For the second consecutive season, the UCLA Baseball team will celebrate Jackie Robinson Day by wearing commemorative uniforms that pay homage to the Bruin icon. This season adidas, in partnership with UCLA, has created a new throwback jersey, hat and cleat that the UCLA Baseball team will wear in their April 15 Jackie Robinson Day game at Washington.
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Yasmani Grandal, Howie Kendrick begin rehab assignments; Zach Lee throws 6 scoreless innings."
- Via Craig Minami at True Blue LA, "Quakes begin Cal League title defense with 4-2 defeat."
- Just building more depth in the bullpen, via a tweet by Alex Freedman: (BTW, Steve Adams at MLB Trade Rumors tells a little bit about the new Dodgers reliever)
Dodgers have signed veteran reliever Sam LeCure to a minor league deal. He'll join @okc_dodgers today in Nashville.— Alex Freedman (@azfreedman) April 7, 2016
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *