- Negro Leaguer Art "Superman" Pennington has lost his home and a lifetime of memories as a result the floods ravaging through Iowa. Please help him out if you can here. (Hat Tip: Dodger Thoughts)
- Did you hear about Shawn Chacon knocking out GM Ed Wade? Listen to Geoff Blum talk about the incident on the Scott and BR Show. (Hat Tip: Falling Leaves of Sunshine)
- MSTI praises, of all people, TJ Simers who criticizes Ned Colletti.
- Disgraced autograph authenticator, Donald Frangipani, is suing HBO for their piece called "Forger's Paradise." He is well known throughout the vintage collector community as someone to avoid.
- This is a must read, especially if you collected cards as a kid.
Years went by and finally in the Spring of 2007 I opened those old boxes one last time. I sorted through the cards and relived the memories of my childhood. Not one single card beckoned for me to stay. I thought about how much money I had spent and regretted that I hadn’t invested my money more wisely as a child. But, then again, how many kids really do that.
Near the end of the box, I found my Tom Niedenfur card and I sat and stared, searching for something that I had never noticed about it. I flipped it around in my hands and read both sentences on the back over and over again. Eventually, my wife came in and I tried to stuff the feelings back into the forgotten place that they had come from. It wasn’t possible. I had opened a door to a part of me that I don’t think I’ll ever be able to close again.
- Drawings in the sand by Jim Denevan. Hat Tip: Neatorama:
- I love this video because it makes me a little envious. It also makes me smile. Check out "Where the Hell is Matt?"
Where the Hell is Matt? (2008) from Matthew Harding on Vimeo.
(Hat Tip: Oliver Willis)