- When I surf now I see a vast sea of Blue. At the start there was only a few blogs, but now the voices are many. Here are a couple more to help you through the Winter malaise. Check out the Fiendish Observational Comedian and Reflections of Blue.
- Big League Stew show the other side of the Baseball Winter Meetings- the trade show. These puppets are both scary and cool at the same time.
- Billy Ripken finally speaks about his infamous Fleer obscenity card from 1989.
"After the season was over, in early January, I got a call from our PR guy Rick Vaughn. He said, 'Billy, we have a problem.' And he told me what was written on the bat and I couldn't believe it. I went to a store and saw the card and it all came back to me. We were in Fenway Park and I had just taken my first round of BP. I threw my bat to the third base side and strolled around the bases. When I was coming back, right before I got up to hit again, I remember a guy tapping me on the shoulder asking if he could take my picture. Never once did I think about it. I posed for the shot and he took it.Hat Tip: Wax Heaven:
- This McFarlane statue/figurine is bad ass! Nolan Ryan has blood all over his shirt!
- Cards in the Attic shares his Cey autographs he got at a minor league ballgame last year. He shows 6 different cards, unfortunately, only one has him in a Dodgers uniform What's up with that?
- A hearty congratulations to Kings radio broadcaster Nick Nickson for being voted into the Southern California Sports Broadcasters Hall of Fame. Hat Tip: Inside the Kings: Pic Link: Let's Go Kings: RinkRat:
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Blog Kiosk: 12/14/2008
Come On Manny... just put your signature on the dotted line.