- Are you watching the NBA Finals? Do you have the bankroll to afford Kobe's game-worn jersey from Game 1 of this years finals? Go here to make a bid. It's already over $10,000.00.(Hat Tip: SCD)
- Night Owl Cards retells the magic of Friday nights game in cards, then he does the same as he reminds us of a game, 32 years ago, where the Dodger beat the Phillies in a similar fashion during a National League Championship game.
- Dodgers get their own zip code. Dodger Stadium is now at Dodgertown, CA 90090.
"The magic of a Major League Baseball team for the first time in history having its own ZIP code and becoming a worldwide destination."- Jamie McCourtGo here for more information and a video of the ceremony.
"This new ZIP code goes far beyond the volumes of mail. There's such civic pride for the Dodgers and for the incredible community efforts that they have undertaken." -Los Angeles council member Ed ReyesNot every town in America has its own ZIP code and we're proud today to be able to announce that Dodgertown, a destination of such a great organization of such a great team, has its own ZIP code."-Gregory G. Graves, Postal Service's district manager of Los Angeles
- Giants outfielder Fred Lewis wipes his face with the Presidential dog towel.
Hat Tip: Diamond Notes:
- Upper Deck recently treated 18 lucky folks to an hour with Tiger Woods. Go here to find out more.
- Sully is sure that Lidge's troubles have something to do with a pact with the Devil.
- Why hadn't anyone thought of doing this sooner. Check out the hat "Hat Trick" display case.
- 7 helpful "don'ts" of card collecting.
- 7 Helpful "do's" of card collecting.
- Bill Cosby as the keynote speaker at Carnegie Mellon's 2007 graduation ceremony.
YouTube Link: carnegiemellonu: