- The FBI visits the National again, per the NY Daily News.
An industry executive told the Daily News that the agents are gathering information about auction houses, dealers and authenticators who knowingly sell counterfeit jerseys, bogus game-used bats and other tainted memorabilia.(Hat Tip: SCD)
- A Pittsburgh fan crashed the Penguins Stanley Cup celebration and parties with the team in the clubhouse. Read his story here in the Dayton Daily News. See the party crashers pics here.
Hat Tip: KuklasKorner)
- Via Halos Heaven, check out the University of California website for vintage pics of Baseball played in California. Below is Ruth and Walter Johnson at a charity game sponsored by the Anaheim Elks Club in 1924. Some of you may know that HOF'er Walter Johnson was raised in Orange County, in the Brea-Olinda area, and went to Fullerton Union High School. Go here for the pics. There are even pics of Baseball teams and players from the 1880's in vintage bib-style uniforms.
- Check out more pics from the National here at VOTC's Flickr page.
- Sports Cards Info shares some of his promo pulls at the National. Also, he some of his other photos here.
- Check out some more candid shots of President Obama at the All-Star game from David Bergman.
- If I had a NFL Team to root for I would definitely get this tailgating/ping pong/beer pong table. (Hat Tip: Deadspin)
- Check out these BenchWarmer Promo's from the National from The Card Informant.
- Close your eyes and listen to the storm.
YouTube Link: foozooljalal: